Sunday, September 30, 2007

A sweet experience

We had a sweet experience today being with Matthew and Nicole when Matthew blessed Rylin. He was a little nervous. He has given a few priesthood blessings but this was his first experience giving a blessing to a baby. Matthew did a nice job. Among other things he blessed Rylin that she would be a good friend and would have a positive influence on her friends. It was a sweet experience which touched all of us.

Many youth and adults asked me during our time at Church if I was Matt May's dad. And many told me how much they enjoyed having Matthew and Nicole in their ward. It made me grateful for this wonderful Church we belong to that continues to bless the lives of our children even though they live far away from us. I am grateful for the Church callings that my children have that give them a chance to serve and to grow in the gospel. I am growing in the gospel myself and often learn things I wish I could find a way to share with my family. But if I were to try to share everything I learn or feel I'm afraid I'd sound preachy. But as long as my children attend Church and serve in it they will also be learning the important lessons that Heavenly Father wants to teach them. I'm grateful for that.

I pray every day that I and my family--my children, and my grandchildren will have the experiences that will draw us closer to our Heavenly Father. I'm grateful for the ways that these prayers are answered.

No comments: